Click on the respective image to see news sorted by category.
This section includes news coverage across all categories, highlighting TAMEST members and member institutions.
- TAMEST Members Elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences (Dr. Bruce Beutler) (Dr. James Lupski) (Dr. David Meltzer) (Dr. John Mendelsohn) (Dr. Richard Tapia)
- A Day in the Life of the Cell
- Eric Olson Wins March of Dimes Developmental Biology Prize
- Texas A&M University System Announces Deal for $91 million Flu-vaccine Manufacturing Facility
- CPRIT Can Emerge Stronger
- Getting Serious About a Texas-Size Drought
- Where Are the Scientist-Advocates and Civic-Scientists?
- Obama Outlines Human Brain-mapping Initiative
- UT Austin Chemist Wins Japan Prize (50 Million Yen) for Innovative Semiconductor Materials
- UT Austin Expert Looks to New Horizons in Gene Research
- Early TAMEST Member Returns to Lead New STEM Center at the University of Houston
- TAMEST Welcomes Texas Medical Center’s New President and Chief Executive Officer
- Two University of Texas at Austin Professors to Receive National Medal of Science
- National Instruments CEO Donating $10 Million to The University of Texas at Austin
- Texas A&M Professor Hopes His System Can Help Electric Utilities Minimize Wildfires
- Remember CPRIT's Promise in Fight Against Cancer By Dr. William Brinkley
- Rice University’s Baker Institute for Public Policy Names Dr. Peter Hotez Fellow in Disease and Poverty
- Emphasis on Math, Science Needed in Texas By Tom Luce, Chairman of the Board, NMSI and Featured Speaker at the 2013 Annual Conference
- CPRIT Appoints Dr. Margaret L. Kripke as Chief Scientific Officer
- Developers of Manufacturing Technology Named Inventors of the Year at UT Austin
- UT Astronomers Discover What Might Be Largest Black Hole in Universe
- TAMEST Member Dr. Bert O’Malley to Receive 2013 Endocrine Regulation Prize of Fondation IPSEN
- Rice University Unveils Super-efficient Solar-energy Technology
- International Honors Continue for 2011 Nobel Prize Winner, Dr. Bruce Beutler
- New NAS Program on Human Health and Environmental Protection in the Gulf of Mexico
- Dr. Thomas Hughes Uses TACC Resources for Cardiovascular Disease Research with Animation, Computational Efforts
- A Year in the Life of a Nobel Prize Winner
- Rice University Team of Halas and West Achieves a Cancer Milestone
- 2011 Edith & Peter O'Donnell Awards Recipient Dr. Margaret Goodell Named Dameshek Prize Award Winner
- Fracking is Too Important to Foul Up By Michael R. Bloomberg and George P. Mitchell
- Getting the Gas Out of the Ground By Stephen A. Holditch, P.E.
- Tropical Diseases: The New Plague of Poverty By Dr. Peter Hotez
- Old Anti-fungal Drug Could Have New Use in Treating Cancer, UT Researchers Find
- UT Southwestern Investigators Awarded $48.2 Million in Latest Round of CPRIT Grants
- Will Drought Cause the Next Blackout? By Michael Webber
- MD Anderson Scientists Discover Genetic Changes Caused by Sun Damage
- President Obama Announces Plans for a New, National Corps to Recognize and Reward Leading Educators in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
- BCM’s Center for Educational Outreach Brings SWITCH Energy Documentary to HISD Teachers
- Why the Higgs Boson Matters By Dr. Steven Weinberg
- In Ancient Ore. Dump, Clues To The First Americans?
- State Land Commissioner Thinking of Getting Agency into Water Game
- Rice Physicists Help Discover New Particle That May Be Higgs
- UTSA Launches Water Institute of Texas to Promote Collaboration on Water Issues
- Rice University’s Coaxial Nanocable Outperforms Previous Microcapacitors
- Sabine Vaccine Institute Begins Clinical Trial of Human Hookworm Vaccine
- UTMB Institute Receives Cornerstone Award
- Texas A&M University to Be Site of Multimillion-dollar Biosecurity Center
- TAMEST Member Dr. John Junkins Announces the Formation of the Texas A&M University Institute for Advanced Study
Giving to TAMEST
Support TAMEST in securing Texas as a national leader in medicine, engineering, science, and technology by making a tax-deductible donation today.
E-mail Newsletter Sign-Up
The TAMEST e-newsletter is published on a quarterly basis and highlights members, member activities and accomplishments, events, and topics of interest to the Texas scientific community.